So you have an Engagement Photography Session coming up! This is an exciting shoot and probably one of your first time’s having professionally photos taken of the two of you. I hope this blog post helps you in preparing for your Engagement Photos!
I absolutely love engagement sessions for so many reasons! The ultimate reason is being able to work with the two of you in a relaxed setting and showcase you in a natural authentic way! These sessions can be so fun and personalized to share a little piece of your story as a couple. I love to help you feel relaxed and ready for a fun time. I have complied a series of tips below to help in preparing for your engagement photos.
What should I wear?
- Remember to dress appropriately for the weather and the scene!
- Choose colours that compliment each other. (Solid colours photograph best)
- Choose clothing that is free of logos.
- Layers are awesome! Bring along your favourite hats, scarfs, jackets… etc.
- Lastly, you want your photos to represent you and your personal style. This is the perfect time to pull out that summer dress you have been waiting for an excuse to wear.
It is definitely encouraged to bring more then one outfit. Even if you don’t wear them all, its nice to have options and variety in your collection.
What should I bring?
- A blanket or something to sit on!
- Props are always a nice touch! Especially if they have something to tell about the two of you. Maybe you have a favourite wine you like to share? Or a special gift that your fiancé gave you? Have a favourite flower? – Bring it! Cupcakes or a favourite snack? – Pack it! Or incorporate some fun with balloons, bubbles, etc.
- Don’t forget a nice lipstick and hairspray for touch ups!
- Bringing an umbrella along isn’t a bad idea. Although I do my best to watch the weather network and plan accordingly. It is always best to be prepared.
Other tips to help you in preparing for your Engagement Photos;
- This is a great day to book in your trial makeup for your wedding day! What better time to test out how your makeup will look in photos.
- Don’t forget to make sure your nails are nicely manicured. And your ring is clean! I will be photographing close up photos of your hands and showing off that beautiful rock!
- Creating an inspiration board on Pinterest is always fun! Be sure to share it with me. I love when couples have their own ideas and suggestions.
- Being on time is important! I often schedule multiple sessions in a day, so in order to maximize our time together its best to start as scheduled. Starting on time is especially important for evening sessions. I have scheduled enough time to create a beautiful photo collection for you before the sun completely goes down. Adequate light is essential in creating beautiful images!
- I encourage my couples to choose locations based on something about your story as a couple. Maybe the location in which you had your first date, or spend a lot of your days off together. Better yet incorporate a location that shares something about how your fiancé asked you to marry them.
Finally, please don’t be afraid to have fun! Your mood and energy will shine in your photos! These photos are going to be around for a long time. I want them to show off your very best side as a couple.